Compassionate, Knowledgeable And Zealous Legal Representation For Spinal Cord Injury Victims
We regularly hear about catastrophic accidents on the news, but it is hard to come to terms with the fact that we could be the victims of said unfortunate events. The consequences of an accident can be life-changing for the victims and their loved ones.
As an injured individual in Texas, you may receive compensation from the at-fault party. However, insurance companies may attempt to give you the lowest settlement possible. As a catastrophic injury victim, you deserve to know your rights and fight for fair compensation. Attorney Matt Breeland is ready to guide you throughout the process and fight for your best interests.
Spinal Cord Injuries And Their Effect On Your Life
Spinal cord injury refers to the damage experienced in the spinal cord due to trauma caused by severe vehicle accidents such as trucking accidents. Injuries can also occur due to diseases like poliomyelitis or cancer.
Spinal cord injuries could lead to complex health conditions including:
- Quadriplegia or paraplegia
- Chronic pain
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Respiratory complications
Such ailments can significantly compromise your self-sufficiency to the extent of you needing to depend on a caregiver. You may also require lifelong and costly treatments, and your mental health could also be at serious risk.
The Zealous And Experienced Attorney You Need In Your Corner
In 2021, Matt opened the doors of Breeland Injury Law in Austin, and since then he has been fighting for the rights of injury victims. He will vigorously fight to recover comprehensive compensation for you including:
- Economic damages – This category includes current and future medical bills, lost wages, required home adaptations or accommodation, medical supplies and home health care professionals’ costs.
- Noneconomic damages – This refers to damages experienced like stress, loss of enjoyment of life, inability to continue lifelong hobbies, loss of consortium, depression or anxiety, embarrassment and chronic pain.
- Punitive damages – According to Texas law, a catastrophic injury victim may recover additional compensation from the party at fault due to gross negligence. Punitive damages are an exemplary punishment to deter others from committing the same errors that led to the accident.
A spinal cord injury victim has a time limit of two years to file a lawsuit against the responsible party. Call today to learn how a compassionate and experienced lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve.